Friday, September 28, 2012

Week of September 24 - September 30: #1

I believe that I am strongest in pros vs. cons reasoning. Whenever I have to make a decision about something, I always write down good things (pros) and bad things (cons) on a list about my problem. After writing everything down or debating about in my head, I make a decision based on the things on my list. It generally makes it a little easier for me to decide because I see my thoughts on paper.

You can use this type of reasoning for anything. It could be something little, like buying a $20 shirt, to something big, like choosing a college to go to. Because I am thinking about becoming a dietitian in the future, I can use pros vs. cons reasoning to decide meal plans for specific types of people. Because I want the best for all my patients, I must give them the best plan. This is not something easy and will take time to build. In my opinion, pros vs. cons reasoning can be used in any situation and any career choice.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you! I think that is a very well organized way to analyze all your thoughts and feelings on a certain issue. I think you bring up a good point, where everyone is different and therefor would have different pros and cons not he same issue. This shows the importance of this skill and that it can be a great help when making big decisions. I should try writing them down, I usually make a mental list of my pros and cons, but I think that writing them down will help me visualize the bigger picture. I think that's a great skill to have! Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how easy you make pro/con reasoning seem. I always think about writing out pros and cons but I am not a patient person at all. I like to think quickly and get things done quickly; which, in some cases can get me into trouble. I wish I had your patience and your ability to slow down and think things through. I also think you got it right in saying that you can use this type of reasoning for any career path. The only problem is that sometimes you will not have time to sit down and make a pro/con list so it is good to practice other types of reasoning so that you can make decisions rapidly is needed.

    ReplyDelete