Friday, November 16, 2012

Week of November 12 - November 18: #1

"Today will be a day to remember -- full of romance, intrigue, secrets and even one or two dramatic revelations! You will be in the thick of things right away, first thing in the morning -- so make sure you get a great breakfast and are prepared for some roller coaster hours. You are a featured player in this daytime drama, and whether or not you are the hero of the story is completely up to you. If you want to stir up some trouble, go for it! You are ready to deal with the fallout." (Shine from Yahoo!)

This prediction is very inaccurate. It does not come anywhere close with describing how my day went because it was very uneventful; I went to work early in the morning for 4.5 hours, arrived home, then took a three hour nap. I think horoscopes are very generic and can mean a lot of things to everyone. It depends on who you are as a person and how you interpret the things that life gives you. You could be looking for all the true things in a horoscope, but I think that it's very random and could definitely be coincidences. Yes, this prediction is falsifiable. There are many things that could happen leading to the inevitable conclusion of this horoscope being false. One example, as I already gave, was describing my entire day. It did not include any romance, secrets, or dramatic revelations. Perhaps it would have been a better prediction if I ate a "great" breakfast, or if I stirred up some trouble.

1 comment:

  1. I love the sarcasm you display in your post because that is exactly how I feel about horoscopes. When I was younger I use to look at them every day and try and relate them to situations that happened throughout my day. But, as I grew older I realized that the horoscopes were genetic and after having many discussions about them with friends and family, I came to the conclusion that they were false. I started to realize that if you look for something to relate to you in a generic horoscope then you're going to find something. I started to read other horoscopes and try and relate every other one to my life in some way, and I usually could find something to pull from it. In doing this, I felt that validated that the horoscopes weren't predictions of my day rather general saying about situations in life.

    ReplyDelete