Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Week of December 3 - December 9: #1


Something that I enjoyed learning in this class over the course of this semester was about advertising. It was interesting to see how advertisements can be deceptive in different ways. I learned about some common fallacies that happen during advertisements and also how marketers use different tactics to get a consumer’s attention. This shows us that advertisers analyze how society makes decisions about things and uses that to get what they want. This helped me analyze the different ways that advertisements may attract me, thus using that to decide whether or not I want to purchase that item or do what it says, for example. I have also learned that advertisers use celebrities to endorse certain products, causing people who like the celebrity to be attracted to the products that they are advertising. I have definitely been that person that bought something because it was attached to a celebrity I liked. Now I know that the celebrity may not have even used it before!

No comments:

Post a Comment