Friday, December 7, 2012

Week of December 3 - December 9: #2

One of my favorite things about this class was blogging. Blogging is not a new concept to me; however, blogging for class was! I really enjoy having new topics to discuss and blog about each week. What made it very interesting was being able to discuss the topics with the other students in our class. Because of this, I have learned a lot more. Having to remind myself to blog each week has taught me to depend less on my professors; because they remind you online, you have no physical reminder. I think this is a great thing to carry with you in the future. Not all professors are going to remind you that a test is coming up, or homework is due the next class meeting. I have learned a lot, especially by meeting deadlines no matter what happens during my week. My least favorite thing about this class were the group projects. I found it very difficult to find a mutual meeting time with my group members; everyone was always very busy. When it was time to submit the essay, it was hard asking everyone for their parts because it always seemed as if they weren’t prepared. I think this class would be a little better if there were less group projects. I think it helps with working together, but I think there are more negative results than positive.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you! I thought that the blogging was great. I have never used this type of system for a class and I thought it was different and interesting. It took discipline to keep up with the blogs but when I finished them in the proper timing, I felt so accomplished. I really did not like doing the group projects either. It was very difficult to meet in real time with our groups. It was even more difficult to get in contact with people and finish the projects before the deadlines. I agree and think that the group projects should be less or less points in order to allow people to have control of their own grade because of the nature of the class and it being all online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    I agree with you. I definitely agree with the fact of blogger fun. I liked the blogging, it was my first time doing something like this. It was nice depending on myself to get the job done, and having the due date as the due date. I also think getting a meeting was hard. Having someone in your group, that couldn't make the meeting time was the worst. It was so hard finding an acceptable and working time for everyone. I think that less is more- especially with group projects. I think the opposite. I think there was more positive aspects then negative when it comes to this class.

    ReplyDelete